So this week was really crazy, insanely crazy. I hitch-hiked across a third world country's city and across a national border into Singapore with the Mission President's approval, a baptism was postponed, and today is transfers and so many people are going home :( BUT it was fantastic!
So Tuesday we had District Meeting based on an analogy with football and plan making, the German Sister was really confused so I had to turn it into soccer at the end. Then on Wednesday, off to Johor Bahru, Malaysia for a visa run!
So I went to JB and met up with my favorite missionaries, Elder Misa and Elder Newing who are serving there in Masai. I went with Elder Pun and we had a blast!!!!!! Until they (border guards) wrote the time and a bunch of things on my passport which was really sketchy...... And we didn't have a phone so we went all the way to Masai in the boonies of this ghetto country and met the missionaries there. Then called President and he advised me to stay for a night and leave in the morning. So I went out with Misa and the ZL Elder Baer, and I got to ride a bike!!!!! We went to the kampongs (village or native nuts) and visited members there. One of the houses we visited had a sick baby boy and I was able to give him a blessing, always amazing feeling the Spirit course through your veins as you perform blessings.
The people in Malaysia are so poor and so humble and just so happy. The kids were following us on our bikes and just having the best time ever. It was so much fun. We went to an Iban home that evening, and the area was SKETCHY!!!!!!!!! It was really bad, but inside, the home felt like home. Just so warm, I loved it. As Elder Misa and his comp gave the lesson, all in Malay, I had no idea what was going on so I just played with the kids. I couldn't talk to them, but they just loved me. And I just loved them. It was really fantastic, made me feel charity and like a missionary again.
So the next morning I started my trek (alone) in a taxi to the Tuas border, which took a looong time. And the guy couldn't speak English. Then he just dropped me off at a random gas station and said there is a bus here. So, here I am, the only white guy in the whole kampong area, looking like a rich tourist, I walk to the gas station and nobody can speak English. So I'm going around saying, "Bas to Singapura, boleh kah?" And they would just go nonstop in Malay. So this guy walks up and asks if I'm trying to go to Singapore, and he spoke English! So I said yes, and then he asked if I have anything illegal on me. So I told him no, and had to call President so he could certify that I am not illegal at all, President tells him I'm not and he then takes me across the border and drops me off at his home for free! It was great! It's weird being alone for so long. Really fun two days out in Malaysia!
The rest of the week went as usual, but then Saturday night our investigator's husband sms'd us telling us that he won't let his wife be baptized. We were torn up. She then sms'd us and she was like, no I'm gonna be baptized still. But we had to explain to her that we have to have both of their permission. It was really sad. She called and was torn up. It just stunk, it really did, we were just torn up. So we had to cancel the baptism, but she is so prepared, her husband will accept for sure, I know he will.
So I'm staying with Elder Jones in Clementi again!!!!! YEAHHHH!!!!!!! Getting a little sick of Singapore, but as long as I got Jonesie, I'll survive. Still District Leader..... it's been 9 months now.... ready for retirement lol but I love it!
I love serving the missionaries around me and doing all I can for them, can't wait to start the transfer off well!
Love all of you!!!!!!!
Kids in Iban - the most love I've ever felt from anyone in the last 6 months
Elder Baer
Riding a bike again!!!!!!!!
Elder Misa
Elders Sessions and Misa
No comments:
Post a Comment