Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Week 69 Singapore Again!!!! Back in Black

Monday August 31, 2015

Greetings from Singapore! Again!

This week has been amazing! We saw so many miracles this week. Incredible.

Elder Middlebrook, my new companion, is from Sydney Australia, the same stake that Elder Jones was in. He is a laugh and a half, we came up with the Knights of Singapore slogan for the Zone because the Zone has gotten so small and we are trying to help everyone keep a fun attitude. We're all a bunch of Lord of the Rings nerds so everyone is having a ball with it. We might be going too crazy with it, with battle chants, nicknames like the King of the North and the Baroness of Red for certain missionaries whose names I will not disclose, and secret handshakes, but it is a blast and everyone is having a righteous party here on the party island of Singapore.

Toa Payoh is a great Ward! and we have some amazing investigators who we hope will be baptized, so we have no reason to fail!

I want to share a quick miracle that we had this past Sunday. Bishop gave us 15 minutes to have a presentation in EQ. So we did it on Alma 26:21-22 (I think?) and committed them to find revelation from God on how they can do missionary work in a different way, especially when they feel they have already asked their friends. We then had a role play with a member and taught him the 4 minute Restoration that we were shown in Zone Conference so the EQ can see the power of the message. We role played earlier that day to prepare and we did awful. But as we sat across from the member and taught the lesson. We both felt prompted to testify of the love of the Saviour for all of us and how the Restoration of the Gospel comes from God loving us and appearing to Joseph Smith to tell him His Church can come on this Earth and there should be no confusion we are never alone, and we can still find the right path in our lives. As we taught it in 4 minutes, that member started crying and the Spirit was so strong in that room. Everyone felt it and some others were crying as well. Some members came up to us and said that they need to give us referrals now. It was really great experience for us and them. We prayed really hard for that Spirit to be there and it was.

We are hard at work here, and God will not let us fail. We have becoming courageous in the faith and contacting the hardest of people to contact (white people) and in the quietest of packed MRT trains. We will go and be what He wants us to be! It feels good to get out of our comfort zones and we are already seeing miracles because of it.

Met a kid going to USC for business, so we had a good conversation about that. I told him I went to BYU and he was like, "I have a couple of friends going there, but they have to do this weird Mormon thingy for two years" and I was like, "Well that's what I'm doing here." He was sooooo shocked. He then had a LOAD of questions about Christianity and now we are meeting him this week!

I love this work so much!!!!!! And I love this Zone too. Keep it real everyone!

Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment