Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Week 32 Christmas in Singapore

December 15th, 2014

This week was great!

Monday we went out with Brother Ravi to Pasar Seni (Central Market) and went and picked up some Christmas stuff! Plus, I bought a g shock and ray bans for 45 ringget! Yeah fake, yet looking legit, stuff in Malaysia! But went to a fish place where fish suck the dry skin off your feet. It is the weirdest feeling in the world! The other Elder's didn't do it........ so the Sisters and I had a good laugh.

We went to Tangi's Family's home and it was POURING RAIN!!!!!!!!!! I forgot my umbrella..... my feet were soaked and after taking my feet out, my shoes were FLOODED!!!! Not fun, but a great story! So at Tangi's her husband was drunk. So it was really awkward. He said he wanted to change and said he would stop drinking. He's been a drunk for 10 years so it'll be hard. So he said he would stop! He went for 5 days, which is HUGE, but then decided to drink... on the Sabbath. So he didn't come to church :/ shoooots! Tangi was really upset for sure.

We went to Nia's home after for a quick lesson and she was doing great! Following the WoW (Word of Wisdom)! And her husband is obsessed with church, finally felt Christ's love he said, which is way good for a Hindu believer.

We went to Singapore for Zone Conference. It was fantastic as always. We had the whole day to ourselves in the city so we went to Chinatown and the huge mall under the big building with the ship on top of it. It was pretty sweet! Then went to Zone Conference. It was great to see everyone. I love being so close to all the missionaries in the mission like we are. We had a service activity, saw Elder Egbert again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love that man, then went back to our apartments we were staying in and we all opened up our presents together! Couldn't imagine a Christmas without family, especially Elder Grant, he is like my brother out here, what a champ! Zone Conference was great! Hate hearing and saying bye to Sister Waldvogel and Sister Hillier and Elder Kavapalu :(  Gonna miss them so much!

We got back from conference and went to Brother Ravi's home! Greatest cook on the earth, I almost got sick for eating too much AGAIN.

Saturday was fantastic! Had the branch Christmas party, and ate turkey, REAL TURKEY and ham, sooo good! There were no carving knives so we did it with our hands. It was great eating American food again! Shout out to the Sisters of Subang and PJ for their amazing singing! And Friendrich as well! It brought the Spirit so strong into the room.

Sunday after church we went to the ghetto once again and taught Nisha and her family. Brought Brother Hansen with us, who is going back to the US today, and we hope he had a great time. Everyone was looking at him funny being white and in normal clothes. But seems like he had a lot of fun coming. Taught them and some other Tamil peeps, no idea what they said yet again, but I felt the Spirit!

A great week, nothing too special, but I want to thank EVERYONE for the birthday wishes AND the cards and packages for Christmas!!!!

I love all of you so much!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for making Christmas great for me :)
Elder Holmes



 Fish sucking the dry skin off your feet

Soaking wet in the Ghetto

Elder Kavapalu  I love this guy so much!!!!
Doing our PJ gang sign in Singapore #PJALLDAY

I guess they don't want Yellow Fever

Christmas Packages Came!!!!!

Love the stocking Mom!

Christmas came early, we didn't wait!

REAL TURKEY!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment