Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Week 33 Merry Christmas everyone

December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas everyone!

Very short email to everyone, it has been hectic this email session, just trying to get the skype all set up for Thursday!

This week has been fantastic! Settling in my new area with Elder Andrus as companion and my roommates, The North Singapore Zone Leaders Elder Hunsaker and McCarthy! These guys are a riot, its been a party up here in Singapore! I serve in the "sistrict" which other than Elder Andrus and I, we have two other companions of sisters. Sister Lawless and Sister Kelly, who I don't know really that well.....but are way sweet and hardworking. The other sisters are Sister Asanuma and Sister Lewis! They are some of the best sisters in the mission! Sister Lewis was in Penang while I was in Ipoh so we knew each other since wayyyyy back. Sister Asanuma and I served in branches in KL that were right beside each other, and we worked alot together before. It will be such a fun transfer! We have been having a bunch of dinner appointments this past week and the ward members are fantastic! I definitely miss PJ though :(      I miss them soooo much!!! But it is all good here, having a blast!

So I am serving in the expat ward here with the millionaires of Singapore from America! It is way weird and a way hard culture shock, but it is all good! We get smartphones here, so that's pretty dope. But we cannot contact or talk to people about the Gospel whatsoever unless they ask first, Singapore law...... we have to rely solely on the members. So finding stuff to do has been a struggle. I am so grateful to be here though. Singapore is one of the coolest places I have ever been and I am having the time of my life. The people are great, the District is amazing, and we are all ready to work!

Christmas time is such a great and powerful season that can soften hearts of everyone. I love being a missionary during this time and I feel so much love for my Saviour who came in the manger as a Lamb of sacrifice for our sins. I am so grateful for our Father in Heaven to send His Son here and how much love that must have taken. I pray we will all remember how sacred this holiday is as we remember the true gift of Christmas.

I love all of you and wish you a Merry Christmas!
Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment