Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Week 66 This is the Place!

August 10th, 2015

So I will shake things up and write this message in the same English that I teach all of our lessons and talk to our investigators in.

This week was good one. Many miracle in Cheras. We found one new person who want learn. Name is Mike. Mike is iban lah. We went find people who no go church, they dont want. Wait as bas stop 1 hour. Waste much time. Felt very sad, nobody to teach. Only Malay. Cannot teach Muslim. God tell us go to Mike home. We knock on door one week last. We dont think he want. God tell us, so we go. We see how first. Knock on flat. Mother home. only speak Malay. Malay anak anak (child) tell us what she say. Tell her to call mike. She call, he come from futsol court. 15 minit only. Teach God church on earth and messenger Joseph Smith who tell us what God say. We happy, Mike very happy. Good spirit in flat. Good lesson. He want next week. Comeback next time.

Work here is good. Alex like gospel. Alex from pilipines. He now know to no drink, no smoke. He follow. Maybe hard. He believe can follow. We think so too ah. ahhhh. Big belief this one. Darence ready baptize 23rd August. Her son birthday, baptize her. Special day. We are happy. She take us steamboat. Sooooooo good one. They are best. Love them much.

Singapore fun (they were back in Singapore for Zone Conference). Sad to see good friend leave. So many missionary leave already, now more go. Our leader, President Simmons, good one. Simmons and wife good teaching. Learn how teach more better.

I'm not even kidding, that is how we teach. We say one gospel term and holy cow they are lost! It's a lot of fun. I love teaching so simply. I do wish I could testify more in their language. and when they can only read english, the Book of Mormon is hard for them. and they have NO idea what we say in the first vision.

I am soooo grateful for the Spirit, without it we couldn't do anything. No matter how bad the English is, we can always feel the spirit, and so can they.

Love this work here! It is the best!
Elder Holmes
West Malaysia Zone Conference

Two Goofballs 



How many missionaries can fit in an elevator?

Pizza at Zone Conference - there is nothing left in the end


No comments:

Post a Comment