August 17, 2015
So this week was pretty great, we are having a blast here in Cheras!
A drunk Indian guy grabbed my hand and put it into his barely healed wound in his head this week, I almost threw up.
Other than that, it has been a pretty basic week!
We had two very promising people drop us, one asked us not to ever come back again, the other because his parents are Buddhists and hate Christianity.
Just shifting through trying to find those that are prepared! But we did meet a referral from a Sister in Ipoh whose name is Yin. We taught this lesson about the Purpose of Life and how to find God, Elder Baker created this lesson plan in Ipoh, and Yin loved it. We taught him how to pray at the end of the lesson and he prayed and talked with God for the first time in his life. What an experience to see him do that, and to see his face full of comfort and peace. I felt the Spirit very strongly and it's just another testimony of how we know that God is real. We'll be meeting with him again tonight as well! Prayer is so powerful, and such a gift that I know I look over too often.
Something that I learned this week is how I need to share my talents more. In the parable of the talents, Jesus Christ shares how if we don't use our talents, or bury them, we can lose them. That thougth came to me this week and I started thinking of my talents that God has given me and how I have been burying them. Something that I love to do is smile, and I love to make other people smile. It is the best feeling in the world to make somebody's day and care about them. So throughout the week I have been trying to improve contacting by using my talent to make someone, anyone (Non- Muslim of course) smile. It's the best feeling in the world to then share how the Gospel of Jesus Christ can help them be even more happy and help them feel even more cared for. I actually love to have awkward contacts on the LRT now. Having that smile makes all the difference in attitude and work ethic.
Next week we hope to see Darence baptized by her own son Fredric on his birthday, and the week following we hope to see Alex baptized before he goes back to the Philippines. It'll all come on the Lord's timing, but I do hope they enter into the covenant of baptism these coming weeks!
Love,
Elder Holmes
No Pictures until he finds a reputable internet café. He doesn't want to risk getting a virus and losing his pictures :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment