I cannot believe it is Christmas and it is almost the end of the year. My only full year as a missionary, the year 2015 will be one I will remember every day for the rest of my life.
It has been amazing.
I have been able to really think about the birth of the Saviour this season. We all should remember every day and week of our lives the great Atonement of Jesus of Nazareth, but this sacred time we remember and celebrate His birth. My favorite hymn is Away in a Manger because it talks about our own personal relationship to our Saviour. It says, "I love thee, Lord Jesus; look down from the sky And stay by my cradle till morning is nigh. Be near me, Lord Jesus; I ask thee to stay Close by me forever, and love me I pray". We sing of Him as a baby, so innocent and pure and He lived that way for the rest of His life so that we, all sinners and filth, can be free from sorrow and find peace. He is the Good Shepard, we are His children. He is the Holy One of Israel, the Alpha and Omega, the Firstborn of the Father and the Creator of all. We are nothing and yet everything to Him. We can only be thought of as children to Him, and He asks us to be as a child, meek submissive and humble, ready to submit to all things the Father asks us to do. And He will stay by our side, He is near when we call. I know He lives. I know He cares for all of His children.
I have had a personal witness of that. I have felt Him strengthen me and I know He is there for us all. Please remember Him this season. Exemplify Him and reach out those in need. Help our brothers and sisters this season, as He would do. And then do it for the rest of your life.
I love Christmas so much. I am so excited to talk to the family this week. I love you all and will see you in 5 months!
Keep the faith, fight the good fight, and make Jesus proud!
Love you all, Merry Christmas
Elder Holmes
Jet's Baptism

No comments:
Post a Comment