December 28th, 2015
I am whitewash training in Penang!!!!!! Crazy! I'll be the ZL (Zone Leader) there, soooo this will be crazy!!!!!! And we are the only Elders in the city. I AM SOOOO PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will miss Toa Payoh. I will miss this Ward so much, I can't believe I will be leaving this place, I have never grown as much in a transfer or three in my entire life. My heart goes out to these people and I will love and miss them with all of my heart. I am literally lost for words. I will be going to most likely my last area. I love Toa Payoh so much though..... dang it. I actually asked President to keep me one more transfer here but to no avail. Dang it! and Singapore Zone was doing so well too!!!!!! Flip.
Well this past week was crazy awesome! Skype with the family was fantastic, what a blessing it is to see them as well as Grandma and Grandpa and Evan, Colin and Matt and the fantastic Griffith family! What a day!!!!!!! I can't wait to see them in 5 months, but at the same time, not, cause the mission is the best place ever!!!!!
Penang is a tropical resort island that is absolutely gorgeous. I went there for a Zone Meeting at the beginning of my mission and I vowed I would return! And here it goes! It is gorgeous there, and it also has a bunch of Indians there as well, hurray! Can't wait for another Tamil run.
I will be training the first ever English Elder since Elder Riddle who came in 10 months ago. The arrival of the chosen one! The one to save the English Elder Race. But seriously, should be cool.
Miracles this week was yesterday, we had a lesson after church with an investigator Henry who is from Hanoi Vietnam. Henry doesn't have the best English so we watched the Restoration video and had him read a couple passages from the Book of Mormon in Vietnamese.. He started telling us how he feels exactly like Joseph Smith, all he wants to do is follow Jesus Christ and nobody else, he never cared about Churches. He wants to follow the right path and he thinks this is the path for him. We testified that this was and then invited him to be baptized on the 27th of February. He accepted! It was a really powerful lesson.
Other miracles than that, we are becoming addicted to contacting here in Toa Payoh, we have to refrain sometimes because we actually have to go to places and so we have to stop talking to everyone we see so we can actually travel. We found more potentials than an entire Zone in the mission as a companionship. It was sick!!! Way boss week.
Other than that, this week had a bunch of tiny miracles that I can't even recount all in one email. So I'll leave it for my journal to tell the tales when I get home :)
Love you all so much.
This Church is true, I know it with all of my heart. I sustain the Brethren as Apostles and the Revelators of God.
Love you!!!!!! Till next week in Penang
Elder Holmes
Note from Mom: Whitewash training is when two missionaries are in a new area neither one of them have ever been to.
No comments:
Post a Comment