April 11th, 2016
This is my last Zone Conference and I am at a loss of words. Partly because we just laid waste to a buffet and ate nothing but unlimited sushi, steak, and haagen daaz ice cream, Singaporean workers kept bringing us steak only as big as a quarter cent because we were eating so much food. 6 missionaries and we clean up.
And also partly because this is the last big goodbye to some of the greatest men and women I have ever known. I hope to see many of them later in my life, without the missionaries around me and the friendships I've made, I would never would have made it through. The missionaries are amazing here and I love them so much, it hurts knowing that I have to leave it all, it really does.
This past week was General Conference and it was the greatest conference I have ever attended. I was looking for what I needed to learn and work on on my last few weeks and also what to do after my mission. So a lot of the talks were on being a Father and having a good family........ so family soon? nahhhhhh just kidding!! but seriously.... flip nah mom, just kidding, I'm too young for that....... or am I? was it revelation from God to get married asap at BYU? just kidding everyone, it's only a joke I know I have better things I got to focus on. seriously though, I guess I gotta think about getting on that family grind.
Anyway, Conference was amazing, my favorite talks were by Elder Renlund and Elder Hallstrom. It has never hit me so hard that I am a child of God and all He wants is for His son to come home as a man. It also hit me so hard that I have been going so far away from God and He wants me to become closer to Him for the rest of my mission. It really sunk deep into my heart as I heard the rendition of "Come Thou Fount" by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir as well as "Redeemer of Israel" by the Priesthood choir. It hit my soul so much and I just loved this Conference. I know who I am, I know who God is and I know my purpose on this Earth.
Miracles this week is we have a new investigator named T. He is a boss!!! He lost a lot of faith in God as a kid and because Elder Clark and I stopped him a couple weeks ago on our bikes he is down to learn and find faith again. He came to General Conference and just ate it up. So we'll see what happens there!
It's been such a good week, Elder Monson is the funniest guy ever too. We are having a hilarious time, a righteous party of time to be exact.
Anyway, love you all!
Pray for missionary opportunities and also pray for President Monson, he needs it a lot.
Elder Holmes
No comments:
Post a Comment