March 28th, 2016
Happy Easter! and Cheng Bang!
That means, one more! in Malay
One more transfer, one last set of six weeks, one more companion, it is so exciting!
I got the transfer news and I will be finishing the training of Elder Monson, the actual grandson of President Monson. I'm excited to hear him teach, Follow the Prophet in lessons. I heard he is really funny so I am pretty pumped to see what we can do here in Penang, the greatest area on the face of the planet. I am really pumped to see what we can do here!
I am sad to see Elder Clark go..... my firstborn in the wilderness. He is one of the funniest companions I've ever had and we worked really well together, I'm gonna miss him :') my boy is all grown up.
It's been a crazy week that didn't turn into much at the end, but I feel it will set up the rest of the transfer just perfectly. On Tuesday we get a call that a less active passed away so we had to go up there and see the family and wife. Then I was asked to speak at the funeral the next day. It was really great to be able to stand before a group of people and just testify of the Saviour and His Atonement with Easter right around the corner. I felt the Spirit real strong and I hope the family felt it too.
We also found a family who we contacted months ago at the beginning of the year. They are Indian and the son speaks Chinese fluently, the mother wants to have him go to church even though they are Hindu so he can stay out of the Tamil gangs and internet kedais. We bore testimony that the best way to help him is to be the example and find the change of Christ for yourself. They have a car so we hope they can come to church and not be sketchy. But every one of our other investigators said they would come to church plus a lot of people we contacted as well. But this week was Easter, (which was amazing!) so all of our Christian investigators went to their own church for tradition sake, and there was also a Chinese festival called Cheng Bang or something in which they go to the graves of their ancestors, clean up the area, give their ancestor spirit's food and then pray to them. So all of our Buddhist and Taoist investigators had to go to Chitty chitty bang bang (as well as church members......... cmon guys). And then the rest of our investigators all had family either die or became severely ill, which is definitely excusable. So nobody came to church this week, but we'll get them next week!
The focus of this transfer is gonna to build the kingdom of God and BEAT SATAN. We are literally building the Church of Christ right now and preparing everyone to beat the adversary. With all of the IS bombing and stuff happening, plus who knows what is going on with American politics, God has built this Church as the greatest organization ever on the Earth to unite His sons and daughters to find peace and joy and happiness together. How cool is that? God is a God of order, and when the times get close, an organized Church is the things that will keep us together instead of hundreds of thousands of loosely banded Christian Churches, this is literally His Kingdom!
I love this church and I know it is His true Church on the Earth today.
I'm pumped to not let Satan win this week, are you??? Cause I hate losing to Satan. Good thing God always wins!
I love you all, God lives! He is the Father of the Risen Lord, Jesus the Christ. The Plan of Salvation is so true, and we need to remember this sacrifice not only on Easter, but every time we take the sacrament.
Stay Classy Planet Earth
Elder Holmes
No comments:
Post a Comment