Monday October 20th, 2014
This week has been one of the hardest weeks of my life, missionary life is just hitting Elder Hord and I hard. I honestly have never felt more heartbreak in my entire life and I hope not to do so again.
So to start off, I won't name any names or say anything specific that has been done, but wow, this week has been tough.
So first and foremost, I love this work and I love being a missionary. Elder Hord is the goofiest and awesomest companion to have and he is a true joy to be around. I love my Heavenly Father and I cannot even describe how much love I have for my Saviour Jesus Christ and can't even imagine the pain he feels for us and how much he loves and how much he strengthens all of us every day. I have never felt more close to Him and I know that He is there.
October 20th, 2014
So at the beginning of this week one of our "golden" investigators we have found has turned out to be everything they aren't. It really jolted me into reality of how much someone can be so different and yet seem so genuine. Found out a lot of bad things about the family and how much lies that were told. I am still in shock how much people can be so ungrateful and would stoop down to levels of things I don't even want to talk about.
The biggest heartache came towards the end of the week. We get a call from Brother Ravi on Friday saying there has been a huge rumor that is now going on about another of our investigators. We had to then interview them and talk it out. The rumor matches, but so does the investigator's story. I was just in shock and I don't know who to trust. We called President Mains and talked to him about it, he said we are judges of Israel so we make the call. We interviewed the entire family personally, Elder Hord and I, but no confession and nothing out of the ordinary.
We have to do a reinterview this coming week and figure out what is going on and let them be the decider of their personal Salvation. It just realllllyyyyy stinks about the entire situation. Especially when there is family involved and children who could be affected. Just really saddens me.
All in all, people were dropped, a baptism cancelled, and just heartache. I honestly can't believe it all. I am still in shock.
This message seems really choppy because I can't say what the rumors or things were, or people are, so I apologize. It has just been a long hard week, I just wish I could just shake these people to their senses and yell at them WHY ARE YOU DOING THESE THINGS????? and let them understand how their actions are affecting lives all around them.
I want a personal shout out to brother Ravi to being the one and only true member, and truly an angel of comfort for me this week. He immediately called us and told us to come over for dinner after everything went down. I have so much love and respect for that man. He is amazing and I wish there was more people like him in this world.
I have a testimony of the Atonement. Christ paid the price of your sins, and if you are honestly taking advantage of Him doing so, please repent now. That is all he asks us to do. Save you the heartbreak and the heartache of others and just do it. It isn't hard, being nailed to a cross is. He waiting for all of to come unto Him and repent, His arms are still wide open and here to give us a hug.
I love all of you, I thank you for your prayers and your love for me. I cherish each relationship I have with you. I pray for all of you all the time.
With love from KL,
Elder Holmes
No comments:
Post a Comment