Just wanted to share one quick miracle this week about the guy named Aaron from China who went to Duke to study and we had a crazy experience with last week contacting him. He has no concept of God and told us "Why not?" We met with him yesterday and it was awesome.
Our miracle of the week happened with Aaron, the guy who went to Duke. We had a lesson with him on Saturday and on our way out from going from lunch at City Hall, (celebrating Elder Grant and I's 18 month mark) which we actually had a plan to go somewhere else to eat but mysteriously changed, and we ran into him. He didn't get our email last week abouit meeting on Saturday so he was going to work instead. Coincidence that we ran into him at the stop that he works? I think not. So we rescheduled with him for Sunday morning. And what a lesson it was. Elder Middlebrook and I were really trying hard to prepare ourselves to be led by the Spirit and we were hoping he was interested because the only reason we met was because I was from NC. We went into the Church and EVERYTHING went wrong during the lesson, we couldn't find a room and after finding one we had three interruptions with a member scolding us for taking a room, and yet, the lesson went perfectly with the Spirit. After we said the opening prayer, Aaron just looked up at us and said something like, "I have never felt anything like this before, this feeling is amazing. I have never concentrated on someone's words like I did while you prayed. I feel so calm and so peaceful, is that God?" We we amazed. And the Spirit took the lesson away and we taught a lesson going against the whole lesson plan we had. He had so many questions and a concern why do bad things happen to good people and the Spirit and the testimony of Namitha , the recent convert, answered it. It was amazing! He wants to bring his girlfriend next time we meet!
It's been a great week! I am excited. Singapore is doing great!
Love ya
Elder Holmes
Zone Conference Activity - Elder Holmes goofing off as usual
Western Singapore Zone Conference
with Elder Young



No comments:
Post a Comment