Sunday, January 10, 2016

Week 85 Penang!!! The Island of Go-Hards!!!!!!

January 4th, 2016

I am in Penang. And it is so sick. I am ith my ne companion Elder Clark from Kaysville Utah and he is a BOSS!!!!!!! He reminds me a lot of Elder O'Bryant, and just as genius too. It as a rough couple of days rapping up the time in Toa Payoh. I loved it there, I miss it so much! I kno Elder Young and Riddle ill take care of it. I still miss it though.

So e had training for the trainers on ednesday night and then the young bloods ere matched up ith the ne trainers the next morning. I kne it as going to be Elder Clark. I dont kno ho, but I kne it. e then shipped off to Penang. So the entire Penang District, covering the sisters that serve on the island and also the Elders of Butterorth (Elder Harker) are ALL training. So the three of us trainers and our greenpeas took a plane to KL and then from KL to Penang. I am so excited to be orking ith these missionaries. Elder Harker is the biggest go hard I have ever met. Butterorth as NOTHING, honestly the armpit of the mission until he came in and ith grit and nails turned it around. He is a FREGGIN GO HARD!!!!! So e are the Go Hard District, cause e do hard things. e got home around 8 on the 31st of December and then called potentials, investigators, members, anyone to start getting appointments for the eek ahead. e got in contact ith one investigator, so that as good!!!!!!! But nothing else. The next day e ent and contacted. e contacted every living person e sa, sat next to people in lunch and on the ay there, and e found so many prepared people. Penang is hopping ith people ho love the Gospel. The nicest people I have ever met. e recieved so many numbers this eek and have a couple appointments this coming eek because of it, gotta get that ne investigator train coming in!

Penang is so beautiful, e live right in the tropical mountains of Bayan Lepas and the sea is a couple miles ride east. I love it here! Biking is so hard. I can't feel my legs at all. I can barely sit don but it is the best ever. The other day e ent to the church hich as an hour bike ride aay and talked to a lot of people along the ay and met some cool people, one of them is from Massachusetts and had Christmas ith a Mormon family and is so don to learn more, ay boss. But on the ay home e found ourselves on an expressay some ho and rode it the rong direction and then sitched to the right direction. e rode for 1 1/2 straight. e had an appointment to go to but dont kno the area super ell so e ere going to head home to get a map and then go back out. So e stopped for a drink on an exit of the highay and asked ho to get home. e then asked if they kno of here teh apartment of our investiogator lives. It as right around the corner, no doubt. e ere completely lost and it as right there. God's miracles indeed. So e got there earlier than expected and contacted around. The first 10 people e talked to didnt ant but after that e found to families and a couple guys ho said yes. Miracles here. The lesson as really good too, the first time Elder Clark taught the Plan of Salvation, and he did super ell! I'm proud of this guy.

Church on Sunday ent great and I am already in love ith this ard. these people are aesome! I am so excited to ork here!!! Penang is gonna start baptizing real uick so everyone buckle up and get ready for the miracles to start pouring in to this area. God's hand is preparing these people. I can't ait!!!!!!

Hope all is ell ith y'all. (sorry, the letter to the left of E on the keyboard doesnt ork :()

Keep the faith, fight the good fight
Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment