January 11th, 2016
So the Penang POW is trying to get things heated up over here! (Penang Pow is Elder Clark, myself, and Sister Crandall and Roberts). Penang is about to light it up!!!!
This starting of teh week went really well. We had a lesson with Yap, an investigator, and taught the Restoration. We heard from members that the reason he didn't accept baptism from the other missionaries was because he didn't accept priesthood authority. ahhhhhh heck nah brah. So we set him straight and taught a super powerful lesson to him. Elder Clark is really coming along with teaching with confidence. Right during the reciting the First Vision, the Islamic call to prayer came on suuuuper loud right behind us. Dang it!!!! It was pretty funny, but luckily the Spirit saved the experience so we could interpret one of Yap's dream about eternal marriage. So he is now really solid in the Gospel.
An experience I had this week really increased my faith in the power of prayer. I was not feeling acceptable to God this week. We were contacting and weren't finding any success and I felt really bad. I was trying to bring the Spirit in the contact and I never could. I felt really horrible. So I went to my knees in prayer and I knelt down and asked God what I needed to do. The most powerful feeling came over me, in almost a commanding spirit, to call potentials. They need the Gospel. So Elder Clark and I just called our hearts out. We called and called and set up 13 potential appointments up for the week. We are excited to see the possibilities.
Elder Clark is a hilarious guy, I love him so much. It really cool to see him look at the culture and just his expressions and him getting accustom to it. I love training!!!!!!!
I also was able to go to MLC (Missionary Leadership Conference) this week so I flew back to Singapore on Thursday and now I have to fly back to Singapore next week for Zone Conference, hooray! So I will send photos next week on a computer that isnt as sketchy.
But believe me, Penang is beautiful. It is a mountainous island full of tropical trees and everything. the people are the nicest in the world and the buildings are amazing. I love it here!!! I am super excited to spend a full week here in Penang probably the only time this transfer with all the travelling we are doing. But anything can. Excited to go to Ipoh soon for Zone Meeting next month :) back to my birthplace.
Anyway, love you all so much!!! Mom jsut reminded me, today is my four month left mark..... dang it.
Love you!
Elder Holmes
No comments:
Post a Comment