Monday January 18th, 2016
I am back in Singapore for Zone Conference!!!! Hurray!
It is going to be really bittersweet, a lot of my best friends and fellow missionaries are leaving by the time we meet up again next ZC. It is really heartbreaking, this may be the last time we are all together. I can't believe it is winding down so fast, I grew up with these guys and gals.
Elder Clark and I are loving it in Penang. The work is going slowly but surely. We are contacting and talking to EVERYONE we see as we go to appointments. It is really a great opportunity to just get along with the locals more and talk to them, being a human and friend to them. I really love the Penangians, I just want them to accept this Gospel! Dang it agency! Being as bold as we can be, and helping them feel our love is really hard in just 30 seconds. Elder Clark and I are focusing on ministering to the people here and not just contact them for their number, because we are calling a lot of people... and even if they give it, they magically change their mind in 24 hours and now don't want. We have to give them an impression of God that they can't forget. We'll see how first and give an update later.
Any miracles? Not much other than Mrs. Lee. She has a Buddhist background and believes her life purpose is to be on Earth and suffer. That she made a mistake in a past life and now is suppose to be here to suffer and has absolutely no way to be redeemed from her misery. Not on Jesus' watch! So we taught her about God's purpose, our purpose, and how Christ is the Redeemer of the world using Alma 7. It was a great lesson and she was just smiling and having a great time reading the Book of Mormon and flipping through the scriptures. We hope her interest can stay long enough to get a second lesson with her.
Our investigator pool is small and getting smaller, they just can't keep commitments. And we are having a lot of first teaching appointments, but they just go home and look up things about the Church so they come "prepared" to fight against the Restoration. So we had to completely Bible bash wreck this guy. I think righteous anger came into play on my part....... at least, I hope it was righteous, and we got way bold and told him his salvation is at stake if he doesn't even try to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know it's true. He has a fear that if he would read it, God would tell him it was true. C'mon man! God wants us to ask questions and test truth out, we should have the confidence in His decision.
It has been rough but we are doing it. I love this Gospel and love this Church. God is real.
Love you!
Elder Holmes
No comments:
Post a Comment