Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Week 89 Penang POWER!!

January 31, 2016

BOSS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!

We had exchanges with the assistants this week as well as saw a missionary broadcast that went out to the whole world and President gave us a training and gave us interviews. It has been great here.

Here is what I wrote President: This week has been a great faith builder for me, it got to a point on Thursday when we dropped all of our investigators and we had zero to plan with. I was really stressed and super frustrated. When the Assistants and also the Broadcast/ training on Saturday came, I have never been more pumped to do missionary work! And we found 4 new investigators this week! My faith went from nothing to something in a matter of hours and I don't want to slow this train down. Elder Clark is doing fantastic, he is really starting to come along. Really bold and confident in teaching lessons and just testifies of Christ. I'm so grateful to be working with him and training him, I know I can do so much better, but this has been a great experience. My faith has increased so much as I have been expecting God to make things happen and see miracles. God parted the Red Sea, we best believe He can change our day into something magical. I have brought my faith up by really making a personal goal to act on every prompting I receive, and the Lord does His own work. I don't do anything, He just takes over and things change. I am so grateful for the sweet spirit.

A miracle we saw was last night, we have been biking all week for hours and hours and we felt it last night. Then all of our investigators cancelled on us and we were getting pretty disheartened and feeling like we can't do enough for these people. then the thought came to me, My purpose is to invite others, there is nothing more I can do. So at the top of this sketchy flat we start reciting and yelling Our Purpose and D&C 4 and got suuuper pumped. Then we went out and the first Tamil guy we saw we talked to him. He immediately invited us over to his home. Missionaries in the past went by and blessed their house before, and when we went we learned that the man lost his cousin in a car crash. So we asked this super devout Hindu family if they know what happens after death, the purpose of life and why do we need to die? and they were stuck pondering and were just stumped. The guy just begged us to share with him more. We'll be going back tonight to share with him and his family.

Last week we didn't go anywhere for P-Day so no pictures from that. Our investigator tried to kill a member with a knife but luckily she got away with only a deep cut in her arm. So we were dealing with that. Other than that, it's been a boss week!

One more cool miracle was when we were on exchanges, Elder Pierce and I were biking and started to knock on peoples windows as they were sitting in their cars on the side of the road to contact them. And one lady met missionaries before and is a really good friend of our Relief Society President! Crazy!!! She wants to learn, hopefully we can teach her more after Chinese New Year next week. As well as we got a guy to pull to the side of the road from his moto when we talked to him at a stop light. Elder Clark and I taught that man to pray and he said his first ever prayer right then and there, way cool!!! Can't wait to meet him this week!

Miracles are happening here in Penang! I can't even describe it!

Love you all!
Elder Holmes

 AND GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     TAKE THAT HATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment