Sunday, February 28, 2016

Week 92 Penang is the REALEST!!!

February 21, 2016

For all those who don't know, Penang is the realest. plain and simple.

This week has been super difficult, but awesome. I am learning so much about the Spirit of the Lord and how it works with us. The Holy Ghost is true, 100% and completely. I can't even describe the experiences of it in any kind of words, but it is a Comforter, a Friend, a Counselor, and Guide. I love and thank God every day for giving us the Spirit because without it I would be lost in the work. Have any of you read "The Candle of the Lord" by President Packer? It blows my mind every time, how much I need to just sacrifice the natural man to God (Mosiah 3:19). Just kill it! haha because there is so much extra baggage that we don't need, or as the old Hymn, Come come ye saints says, "tis better far for us to strive, our useless cares from us to drive" and I need to drop some passions and hard headedness just for three more months and work my butt off!

Our investigators are dropping like flies, but we are still seeing miracles! We taught this one girl the Restoration, a girl that Elder Hord and Mikovits contacted a looong time ago. By the end of the lesson, her mind was BLOWN! The Spirit was so strong in the lesson and it was like walking on air driving home on our bikes. She accepted baptism and she had this confirmed witness to read and pray about the Book of Mormon, she told us she had to do it and that she wanted to find out if it was true. It was awesome!!!!!! That was a huge miracle! The next day she told us she never wants to meet again......... but never mind that she talked to her pastor who told her not to read and pray (2 Nephi 32:8). Why are people scared to pray and ask God?? You think they would ask God over a pastor...... flip. But no worries! I know she felt the Spirit, she even told us she did. So that is that.

But this week was awesome! Was also able to go to Sitiawan on exchanges with Elder Cook. Sitiawan is a small town in Perak state, it reminded me of Raymond Canada, and it was beautiful and surrounded by tree plantations. Elder Cook and I were going home that night and got hopelessly lost but it was super amazing. I saw a sky full of stars for teh first time in 2 years, I've always served in cities with skyscrapers and I finally saw stars. And as we were riding it got pitch black, another first for two years. I even saw a lightning bug!!!! I was reminded of home and it was a tender mercy of the Lord. It even smelled good! I haven't breathed fresh air for years! It was awesome. I love Sitiawan and Elder Cook, what a lad. I love serving in the Zone so much! it is the best! I have 11 more emails to send home..... so I hope to make them count!

Keep it real everyone, love you!
Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment