Happy Chinese New Year everyone!
The year of the monkey is underway!
It is way cool to be here and we are going into Georgetown, the main city, for the festivities today, as well as going to a couple of members homes for lunch and dinner. It is going to be awesome! I love the people and the city here.
This week has been really awesome, many miracles are happening here and we are seeing miracles a ton! On Monday we had two appointments with potentials and then brought members for both appointments. For both of them, then surprisingly, members knew the potentials even though they were potentials we street contacted, and so they automatically bonded. The lessons were way good, one of them, YY, is now progressing and reading her Book of Mormon every day. In her lesson, she doesn't know English but we were able to help her understand God and prophets by drawing this diagram on the spot. It was the first time we taught that way with that lesson but she understood it perfectly. The Spirit really knows how to inspire us as we teach.
The work has been really slow other than that, most everyone is out of town for Chinese New Year, as is culture to do so, so nobody was home and not many members wanted to help, and rightfully so, so that was way hard, but we found a lot of great contacts this week. Elder Harker, a district leader and now the other zone leader in the zone as of this morning, went on exchanges in the area and we BLEW PEOPLES MINDS! I wanted to focus on testifying to people and he wanted to focus on how to minister to the people around us. We went out and did it. We found a lot of people and the Spirit was sooo strong! I am so excited to work close with him this coming transfer, it will really be amazing to see this zone lifted because of it.
I have been praying a lot, and really hard, to lose some weight. And I know God is a God who answers prayers. So we had the great opportunity to bike 3 hours yesterday in the heat of the day while fasting! Hooray! He really knows how to help us out :)
I love this work and I know that it is true. Christ is the Redeemer and Saviour of the world.
Keep Pounding everyone! I still love you Panthers!
Elder Holmes
No comments:
Post a Comment