Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 94 Awesome Week Again

March 7th, 2016

So this week Elder Spurrier came for exchanges. And it was the funnest exchange I have ever had in my life. He really emphasized how to find those that will receive you, because we spend sooooo much time getting peoples numbers without anyone actually willing to meet when we call. So, we went out and were suuuuper bold with people. If they didnt commit to baptism, church, or an appointment that week, we would hand their number back and walk on. And if they are super not interested, it was a lot of fun. Elder Spurrier just didnt care if they said no, he really didnt care in general. We found a lot of good people doing it, and also got in some trouble when we were trying to get into an apartment building to find a less active and the guards wouldn't let us in. So Elder S talked to them in Malay while I tried to call the member. The guards just got way mad at a\us, and Elder S turns to us and said, "Yeah, I wouldnt come back here again, I kind of called them all crazy" it was a good time. I love the Assistants!

We applied the principle throughout the week and one guy we contacted was like, "I dont have time to come to church, I dont have time for Jesus.
Are you christian sir?
no, but I believe in Jesus and all the other religions as well ( a common response here)
That makes absolutely no sense brother, you cant believe in all of them *the man dies laughing and says "I KNOW!!!!"
I told him he needs to be baptized and make a decision about life, gave him a fist pump and walked away. Pretty cool guy.

We are loving it up here, and it is sooo funny what people say One girl, A, we contacted our first week here and last transfer she smsed us saying how much she hates God because her brother just died and such. But after that sms conversation, trying to calm her down and testifying of the love of God, she never would answer our calls. Then a couple weeks later we were really guided by the Spirit to go a certain way and talk to a Muslim. He gave us a referral, A! So God wasnt giving up on her, and he told us where she worked. So we went and visited her, and she loved the Restoration and she really wanted to know if it was true. She hasn't got back to us since then, but we know where she works and will be trying to get to her this week. It was still awesome!

Miracles are happening here in Penang! The work will hasten! Excited for Kuching and KL this week, gonna be a blast.

Love you!
Elder Holmes


so we had to bike with full to the brim suitcases at the hottest time of the day all the way to Butterworth, about 8 miles away. there and back on the massive interstate. it got crazy


so this is the island of Pulau Pinang from the Butterworth apartment window

this picture explains the bus system here, full traffic and the doors wide open, flying down Georgetown. 
Malaysia Boleh!


can anyone spy with their little eye the indian? he started making faces at us on the block opposite from us

No comments:

Post a Comment