A missionary is only allowed to write to his family and friends once a week on his PDay, with the exception of Mother's Day and Christmas. On these days he is allowed to call home. They can also Skype or Facetime if they can find someone that will allow them to use their computer to do so. These are the days Mother's of missionaries look forward to and count down to!!
With James only being in the MTC a few days, I didn't think I could be sooo excited to talk with him. He had let us know in his email the day before what time he would call and how long he would get to talk. We only had 30 minutes and because it was a call made from the MTC and there are so many missionaries calling home it was timed down to the second!! I don't think our phone has been answered so fast when that call came. 30 minutes went by way too fast. He sounded great and was pure James with that great laugh of his. I could see his smile and happiness through the phone!! During the course of the phone call his little brother updated him on the football draft. He may be a missionary but they still enjoy sports :-)
Side note: PDay stands for Preparation Day. This is the day the missionaries are allowed to have time to do their laundry, email and write letters, buy groceries, and plan for the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment