Saturday, May 31, 2014

Week 3 Ipoh, Malaysia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 26th, 2014

Ipoh is amazing!!!  (Pronounced Eepoh) I don't know what anybody else says here, but I LOVE it! The asian accent is super difficult and is super hard to understand. Imagine when we sing hymns in church but nobody knows how to pronounce their "r"s. It can be very humorous, but I love the people, and the food. It rains every day. The difference between wet season and dry deason is that it rains all day in the wet season and in the dry it gets so hot in the morning to suck up all the moisture and then down pour in the afternoon. and repeat. yay. Singapore was wayyyy awesome!!! Very beautiful. but Ipoh is better. Just saying.

The branch here is very strong and I love it here. Done some crazy things so far. Merged onto a major road in the city and crossed lanes while doing so, on a bike, with heavy traffic. Gonna be soiling it a lot. Kinda scary. Met some weird guy at church who nobody knew but barely had his clothes on and talked nonsense/ spit on us, then last seen walking down the street yelling at things I don't know. Another day we were having a lesson with somebody, and it was getting way spiritual and then her older Autistic son came in naked. and came straight to me. At first I was scared. I looked over at the rest of the elders trying soooo hard to hold it in. I could see they were trying not to laugh because the expression on my face must have said it all. At that point I could relax and see the humor in the situation. I feel really bad saying that it was hilarious, but imagine a super serious lesson going on and a naked person walking up to you and you look over and see everyone trying to hold it in. We all did, thankfully, but ohmygosh it was an experience. I have a new appreciation for families with special needs family members.

My companion is Elder To'a from New Zealand, a kiwi just like Elder N my companion from the plane flight, who is the best!!!!! Except maybe Elder G and To'a now. But I love it here, so much fun. Haven't seen a white person other than an Elder in Ipoh except for two. Kinda strange for me. All Asian. But we're starting the work, almost 200 inactives in the area. Yeah, you read that right. We're trying. But we fly all the time out of the country and into Singapore for meetings and to renew our visas. Sometimes we go to Indonesia. We'll see, but that'll be when I serve in Singapore. Our zone is the entire West Malaysia. Most expensive mission in the world cause for zone meetings we meet in Singapore and they have to fly us there. But I love everybody here, just keep trying to be strong and of a good courage. I love being here, very tropical and beautiful.

Pray for me! See ya in two!

My first area

Biking it

 

Me and my companion


No comments:

Post a Comment