Monday, July 21, 2014

Week 11 Life is Goooooooood!

July 21st, 2014

It has been a pretty bad week, I am not going to lie.
 
We worked so hard and did all of the right things, and still had 5 appointments cancelled. Ughhhhh it makes me so mad! Especially when one is trying to stop smoking and now we have lost contact with him. Very depressing but I know now how I need to change. Major improvements are coming.
 
Elder Egbert and I did a lot of trying to find inactives this week. Found all of their homes, but none of them were ever found when we went. We got lost a lot, but at least we somewhat know the area better! That's a plus!
 
An African called yesterday randomly from Cameroon named Booba and he is super interested about the church, just another tender mercy from the Lord showing that he loves us.
 
A lot of sketchy areas and also very rich places as well. It is sad when there are people living in a shack and then there are people driving past in Lamborghinis. Way to give to the poor people!!!!!
 
Been making a lot of efforts to improve on the little things, really trying to understand the Atonement and what God wants for us. I feel good about this week, even though it is going to get very crazy!
 
I know God is with me wherever I go. He is always there to put his arm around us and give us comfort and love in doing so. He is amazing and I am so grateful for him and his sacrifice that was made for all of us. This life is honestly too precious to mess up. If we aren't living right, it is our duty to make it right. We have eternity to think of what we do on earth, better make it be good memories and not bad. Always remember that we are children of a Heavenly Father who wants to reach out to us. It all just takes some faith. Love the Lord and you will never go wrong in life. That is a promise I leave to all of y'all. It is a hard life, but a life worth living. Keep your head high and keep pushing forward. Never shrink from adversity and you'll find strength and joy. Sorry it isn't the most interesting letter, but this is what I have learned this week. I love this Gospel.
God loves you!
Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment