Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 9 A New Area - Kuala Lumpur

July 7th, 2014

THIS PLACE IS AMAZING!!!!!!!
 
I am now serving in Kuala Lumpur area! And I love it!!!! I was very sad at leaving Ipoh and my trainer Elder To'a and the branch there, and the members that were there. I'm gonna miss them so much, a piece of my heart will forever be in Ipoh. One last time badminton game on Monday with the other Elders, Sister Chris, Sandra, Esther and my boy Dylan!!!!! So much fun, and then Tuesday and Wednesday we said our goodbyes, I made ziti for the branch and it was sooooo gooooood! and then had so much fun riding bikes by the river with a bunch of members after dinner. Thursday came around and off I was to KL!
 
This is a lot different than Ipoh, let me tell you, but it is so awesome! We have a beautiful apartment that has an amazing view of the city and the apartment is a really nice one. But off to work ,me and Elder Egbert made some really good goals for the area and for our investigators. Friday and Saturday we went on the LRT (train throughout the city) and contacted. We got really lost on Saturday and wound up in the middle of the Malay Kampungs, which are giant shacks in which whole villages of people live in, and it was suuuper sketchy. Didnt want to get my camera out and look like a "rich" tourist and get mugged. But we walked back safely in time and nothing happened. It is sad that we couldn't contact anyone, they were so happy and excited to see us, because they were all Malay (we say Malay and Muslim as the same definition). I can not wait until missionaries have that opportunity to teach them, but for now we wait.
 
Sunday came around and we had an opportunity to have some lessons! We worked the entire weekend and weren't able to get any, super frustrating. But Wong, our investigator, wanted to bring his uncle to the lesson too. We were starting to prepare for a bible bash.... but the most amazing thing happened. We never taught together before, me and Elder Egbert, and the entire lesson we had planned changed on us, but we taught in the most amazing way ever. We even thought of the same scripture at the same time. Woah!! Wong, and his Uncle, Darren, were in tears and just balling their eyes out. We are meeting with them next week and Wong even asked for us to pick his English name!!! (which all Chinese, Tamil, and Malay people have along with their traditional name). What an honor!!!
 
But then we went to Babylon. We taught a lesson at a mall, the most sin filled place ever. The whole lesson was in Malay, so I just put my head down and read scriptures the entire time. The lesson didn't go well at all. But all of a sudden, another lady sat down suddenly, and said, "I want to learn, teach me". Elder Egbert just rocked it and had another lesson with her. We were on fire!!!! Sucks I don't know the language, but that's the duty of an English Elder!!!! Maybe later in the mission.
 
Next week we are going to the Petronas Towers, should be wayyyyy cool!
 
But I have to go get some food, Subway for once!!!! Yay America!
 
Love you all, have a blessed week!
 
Elder House (as Sister Ima calls me)

Rambutan (red hairy fruit)

Trying the Rambutan - pretty good
Baking Ziti for FHE

FHE - saying goodbye

Biking by the river
 Elder To'a before he leaves
Catching the train to Kuala Lumpur
 

No comments:

Post a Comment