This week has been truly amazing!
About every day we have a lesson with our investigators, and now Samuel, Alvira, Jab, Jezreel and Segar are all on date to be baptized on October 18th!!! Way pumped! So Segar is a family friend of Alvira's and he is taking lessons along with them, doesn't speak English too well but we are starting to help him understand! I love Alvira and her family so much!!! (Alvira, Jabneel, Jezreel and little Juanita). They call us every single day asking us to come over and wanting to play football. They are honestly the best people ever. They kept calling us last night, it's so hard to tell them that we couldn't talk and had to go to bed! Even little Juanita talked to me! I had no idea she could speak in English! Hahaha they are the best and I love them sooooo much! We are now starting to teach three people because of their missionary work already. Sister Alvira is a beast missionary! Jab says he already wants to serve.
Samuel is progressing even faster. Him and his family want to be baptized September 18th instead of October. Hahaha but I don't think we can, he has to quit smoking first :/ But they all want to go to the temple in a year. They are all truly prepared by God. Elder Egbert and I didn't have to do a thing. Alvira and her family has family prayer and scripture study, and we didn't even tell them to do so, best investigators ever! Alvira's English is not so good so it takes time, so I guess I'll have to pick up Tamil!
The members here are absolutely amazing!!! Sister Cole bought me an entire thing of Nutella, 750 grams. Let's just say my diet that I was on is put on hold.... I swear I have gained at least three pounds. Everything has been going really smoothly, everything is falling into place for us. Obedience brings miracles!!! I remember a month ago we had all zero's. The tables have changed.
So this week I have been studying Preach My Gospel to exactness and really trying to bring myself to obeying it with every fiber of my being. A General Authority came to the Mission and ripped apart the Singapore Zones and even the Assistants for not being PMG Missionaries. WOW!!!!! Singapore has some of the best missionaries in the mission, so I am trying to relook at everything that I could improve on. One of my favorite talks this week would have to be by Elder Christofferson from May 2011 conference, which pushed me to study Hebrew Chapter 12. Chastening always brings happiness, if you like it or not. We have to suck it up and get through it. God will only chasten us if we need it, so be prepared and enjoy it. Going through hard times is the only way we can grow.
This week was great, and I hope this coming one will be even better!!
God Bless!
Elder Holmes
Yash, a member, stole my camera .... hahahaha
Nutella given to me by Sister Cole!!!
Hindu Funeral and had to do a little thing out of respect towards the deceased
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment