So Jab and Jezreel came to a missionary activity for the district and were able to be missionaries! Even though they aren't even baptized yet hahaha it was so awesome! They are so ready for the Gospel. We had a lesson afterward with Alvira, Jab, Jez and Juanita and had Brother Ravi, who is the BEST ever, come. They went full Tamil for ten minutes, we had no idea what happened, but we know that Bro Ravi decided to teach them the Law of Tithing as well as the Plan of Salvation. I ain't even mad. Felt the Spirit and was a wonderful lesson. Alvira got sick so wasn't able to make it to church, but no matter, they are amazing!!!! and super excited for General Conference. Samuel and his family live all the way in Cheras, so we had to commute over there, about an hour and 30 by train and visit with them. They are finally in a good situation and will be moving back to PJ soon. They were in straight up Muslim ghetto, so they're trying to move out fast.
One of the themes from Church today was the Laws of God. Brother Slade, a chemistry teacher from England, compared the Law of Gravity to the Law of Chastity, which can be used for any Law of Science to any Spiritual Law. With the Law of Gravity, try as I might to break it, I won't. I can jump out a window and I WILL fall. The Laws of Nature are God's Laws, along with His Laws of Salvation. No matter how hard we try, we can never "break" the Law of Chastity, Tithing, Word of Wisdom or any of the such, and still be truly full of joy with ourselves. Instead, we find that we just break ourselves. These Laws are for our betterment and for our own good. They are the fence on the side of a cliff, so when we are just standing at the edge looking down, we are protected from falling. Follow the Laws, and you WILL find happiness!
I love you all, I know this Church is true. I have been truly edified spiritually this week and truly humbled. Jesus Christ is our Saviour, and he is here for all of us.
Till next week!!
Elder Holmes
Elders Grant, Moala, Me and Morgan "I love these guys!"
Elder Grant, My MTC companion!


No comments:
Post a Comment