Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 26 Nimen hao ma?

Monday November 3, 2014

"Nimen hao ma?"  (Mandarin Chinese - "How are you?")

Such a great week this week!

 This week was awesome! It was tough though, Elder Hord got pretty sick and was out for the count with some stomach problems :( poor guy, Malaysian food messes with you.

So on Tuesday Elder Wright and I went on exchanges and had an amazing first lesson with a girl named Sarah. She just opened up to us about her life, she is so prepared to hear of the Gospel. I felt the Spirit so strong. After that we had a lesson with Alvira and the family. Jab taught us the whole Plan of Salvation lesson, he is a beast teacher and gonna be a great missionary. He taught better than I did!

Wednesday was even crazier. Elder Mikovits went out with me and taught this crazy, old Chinese guy named Mr. Lim. He was definitely not prepared at all, and maybe a little insane. He said some funny things and Elder Mikovits had some sarcastic comments shared under his breath and I just had it. I never laughed so hard in my life without making noise. I was shaking so bad. Then Elder Mikovits said the closing prayer praying for the man's mental condition to get better. I feel really bad about it all, but I could not keep it in. I was shaking soooo bad. The entire morning was awful with nasty milk and cut fingers, it was just the icing on top of it all.

We then went and visited the Zone Leaders who decided to help Elder Hord out in our area since he was sick. I was able to spend the entire rest of the day with them. We saw miracles. Elder Beckstrand and Hays are the best, such amazing missionaries. One guy, Andrew committed to baptism, taught another lesson all in Malay (which I was clueless in) and then had the greatest contact with a taxi driver who had no hope in seeing her husband again. Was amazing.

Friday interviews went great, President and Sister Mains are just the best! Very rare to have them and have interviews, some of the strongest people I have ever met. Only respect and love towards them.

Saturday was great. We had some quality time with Shiloh and Brother Ravi, the best members ever! Shiloh and us waited for an hour for a lesson that was cancelled anyway, but it was great to talk to him and get to know him better. Brother Ravi cooked us a full on Indian dinner. AMAZING!!!!!! He is absolutely hilarious, love that man. The sassiest man alive.

Sunday we had turkey! TURKEY!!!!!!!!! and HAM!!!!!!!!!! I never liked turkey that much, but it tasted sooo good! We had a Thanksgiving YSA activity (don't ask me why) and invited Andrew. We had so much fun! It was the first time for a lot of people to eat turkey and the first time for most eating pumpkin pie. All the Aussie missionaries loved the pumpkin pie. MERICA. It was a great week.

And Brother Ravi gave me this awesome present, the most swagger in a hawaiian shirt I have ever seen. Love Brother Ravi and the branch here. Love the mission. Such a great week. Hope you all the best in America!

We kind of forgot about Halloween, Yay Asia! Hope it was a great one for y'all as well!

Jumpa Lagi!  (Malay - "See you again!")
Elder Holmes


Addendum:  Just found out Elder Hord and I are staying together! Yay! But now I'm a District Leader and I'm a little nervous because I don't know what I'm doing! hahaha"


My Hawaiian shirt

Picking up litter
Last week he mentioned going to this home for children whose parents can't take care of them. These are the pictures. I wish I could post the video of them singing in Malay and English but it won't let me




Looks like "If you chance to meet a frown"



No comments:

Post a Comment