Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 29 Short and Sweet

James didn't have time to write to everyone this week so with his permission I am sharing his personal letter to me.

I am sorry, it has been a crazy week, I won't have anytime to write a weekly email for everyone. I needed to get some strengthening for myself via LDS.org to help me out for my District. There is a lot I need to do better at hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have about 10 unfinished letters that I still need to finish and send to y'all. I haven't written a letter to anyone for 3 months. Only having 10 minutes a night is tough when trying to write so many people! Hopefully will try to make some time this week. Usually between 10 and 11 at night I usually use to de-stress and plan/ help out the District cause that is basically the only time I have had!!!! It has been so busy! I had a lot to write Pres. Mains today as well.

So sorry for the short email! This week we had the opportunity to feed a family of seven and then get the branch involved because they have absolutely zero money to support five kids. Might have spent a little of the money for sending gifts, but I am sure you understand!

We were also able to help a brother in the hospital because he tried to kill himself.  It was really crazy but I never felt Jesus's love for a man so strong. It was really powerful.

We had a brother move into the branch from Japan who was in Panama during the revolt by the US government in 1989! Super awesome story. How cool is that?!?!?

We are seeing miracles here in PJ! It is such a blessing to be a District leader, I love it every day, just another way to serve my fellow man. Just amazing feeling revelation for someone just come to you in a small voice and good feeling, I have such a testimony of the gift of the Holy Ghost and revelation now.

And Jab and Jezreel have the Priesthood!!!! Yay!!!! Jab is now coming to lessons and basically teaching lessons for us, and in Tamil. He is the best ever!!!!!!! And Alvira paid her tithing on Sunday. I was so proud of her!

 This week has been good, sorry for the short update!

Hope all is well!!!!!!
Love you Madre!

Best Zone Leader Elder Hayes!!!!! Exchanges were awesome!

Me with the KL skyline! As good as I could get a pic of it!

In a sketchy flat. We went knocking up in the Tamil/Malay ghetto. It's like 20 stories and just a huge maze with the entire building having sketch corridors and halls hahaha and of course the smell was horrific.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, James! Prayers continue for you and your team. Much love as always, Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete