Monday, November 17, 2014

Week 28 Baptism

What a joy this weekend has been!!!!

Alvira and her family, Jabneel and Jezreel, were finally baptized! Such a miracle! From her driving up to us while we were praying on the side of the road to being baptized and having one of the most powerful testimonies I have ever heard. Such a blessing to see this family go through such a change! I am truly grateful that God put us as the ones to see this family go through this journey. I only wish Elder Egbert could have seen the wonderful ceremony.

The baptism was so good, Alvira said she couldn't sleep at all the night before in anticipation. The boys had such great testimonies and talked about the change they have seen in their family. Elder Hord baptized Jabneel and totally almost dropped him, it was pretty funny but we were glad that it was all okay, I am sure Elder Hord wouldn't want to have to do a redo. The confirmation was just as amazing and they described their feelings as feeling pure and full of joy and happiness. It was very powerful.

Right after the Sunday service though, Alvira got some anti feelings from her family members and it scared me half to death once I had heard about that. I talked to her and she was telling me about it. I asked if she was okay and her feelings and she said, "It's gonna have to take a lot more than that to break me, I am very strong and I know what is true." I then asked if we could meet with the family members who don't like the Church and she said, "I'll pray about it tonight and let Heavenly Father decide." She is a woman of faith I'll tell ya, such an example of prayer. Her testimony of the Book of Mormon is wonderful as well. she is just a beast. So excited to see how her two boys will be raised and the missionaries they will become.

 I love being a missionary. No where else can I do things I have been guided to do, and no where else could I see what I have seen. God is so merciful on all of us pitiful creatures with our failures and faults and He loves us all the same. I hope we can all feel that love as we go throughout our coming week. I will follow up and talk to you next week!

Jumpa lagi! (Malay for See you later or See you soon)
Elder Holmes



No comments:

Post a Comment