Monday November 10, 2014
So this week has been crazy, a lot of readjusting and not enough adjusting.
So I am so sad to announce, Elder Mikovits has left PJ and has left me behind :(((( I miss that missionary so much, he is one of my best friends of this mission.
But, we have received two new Chinese speaking Elders that are white washing the English speaking area! Elder Fletcher, who is a total boss, is just a bro and such a hard worker, I love this Elder to death already. He is training Elder Sabin from Colorado who is just so awesome. I wish I could be as humble as this guy. I am so blessed to be around missionaries like them.
So a lot of the week has been helping them get moved in, the other Elder's moved out, and cleaning the apartment for bed bugs and everything else. Got the apartment nice and clean and then they cut the water :( and it isn't even ours or the church's fault!!!!!!! so mad! Had to take showers at the Senior Missionary's home this morning for the first time since Friday morning, felt sooo good! Gotta love the Lord's tender mercies.
We had a wonderful opportunity to have Elder Gong and his wife of the area seventy come and speak to all of the missionaries in the KL District. Them along with President and Sister Mains, and also Elder's Tanner and Gibson with their wives. Very uplifting and motivational. We are hard at work trying to get almost 80 more baptisms in the city of Kuala Lumpur by the end of the year! We're gonna get it!
We had a lesson with a potential, who's wife only speaks Mandarin, so we decided to bring one of the Chinese Elders with me and Elder Hord take Elder Sabin contacting. I was more or less teaching the lesson with Elder Fletcher translating and I was doing terrible. The worst teaching I have ever done. I just felt a block of the Spirit from me and I just could not teach. Then it hit me, I am not supposed to teach this lesson. Not at all, whatsoever. Elder Fletcher should take the lead. I just leaned towards him and told him my feelings and he just took over. Right when he did, I felt the Spirit again. I feel truly humbled in knowing that I am not here to do everything. Sometimes I am just not suppose to do something in life. But it is okay, the Lord will provide the way. We are not alone and we have so many wonderful people surrounding us that are angels sent to us who can help us in need. Heavenly Father sent us to learn faith, but He did not send us alone. Love the people who surround you and you find that you will have people willing to help you when you need it most.
Being a missionary is the best. Never have I felt happier in my life.
This week is Alvira's baptism, hope interviews all can go well!
Pray for them!
Elder Holmes
No comments:
Post a Comment