Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 49: Sick Week :-(

Monday April 13th, 2015

So this week has been sick week for this District. Sister Lawless had to go to the hospital for 4 days with a stomach infection that still hasn't gone away and the doctors have no idea what to do. Sister Crabb went ill and had a high fever for a couple days as well. They had a party at the hospital together, poor Sisters! Elder Wang and I were sick at different times this week. And Sister Nixon is getting over her appendix surgery. Plus all of our investigators were sick, still not sure if they actually are or just ignoring us, but that's the excuse going around :/

It's been a slow week this week, but luckily, our bowels are back to normal, priesthood blessings work, and all body temperatures are okay. It's been a tough week.

But, we had a HUGE burst of spiritual recharge with Saturday and Sunday. GET IT GENERAL AUTHORITIES!!!!!! We had a huge thing with those that opposed, commonly called the dissenters, sucking out the happiness and Spirit out of everyone in Conference. Luckily, the Mormon Tabernacle patronus dispelled all fear with singing "We Thank Thee Oh God For A Prophet'. It was pretty boss. The Saturday afternoon session was the best I've heard in a long time. I want to be able to teach my children how to listen to the music of the Gospel. All the talks that session were fantastic! Then Priesthood was boss, President Eyring's on being ready to fulfill our priesthood duties through prayer and being prepared. I could definitely relate to his childhood story of having to just walk away. It really hit me hard how much I need to be better at praying to God at all times. Then Elder Holland's talk. BAM!!!!!!!!! When he testified, it shook the world. It was the best sequence of talks that led up to President Uchtdorfs talk on Grace. How grateful I am for my Saviour, taking anything that I sacrifice, no matter how ill prepared or lazy that I am in giving it. I really want to follow the Lord because of my love for Him, not for cashing in good works for salvation. Really powerful to me.

It was slow this week, but this coming week will be better. This work in Singapore will continue. These people need to know about eternal families, especially with a temple being built in Southeast Asia finally!!!! I am so excited to see it open, and I hope the people that I teach will be there too.

I love all of you, I really miss all of you, but I love serving the Lord out here!
Elder Holmes

On the road again with Elder Wang

and Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment