Monday, April 6, 2015

Week 48 Wo Ai XinJiaPo!!!!!

Monday April 6th, 2015

I love Singapore! This city is just the best!

 Sorry, but this will be a quick one, got to go play the basketball here in a bit.

This past week had a lot of really great miracles.

On Monday, Elder Wang and I decided to go by Brother Paul's home to see how he is doing. We knocked on his door and he came out and started talking to us. He said he is giving up on everything, his faith, his religion, his family, everything. We were just blown away. He is a total boss, never expected this. So we went and sat down and we just talked for about two hours. Yes, mission rules say only 45 minutes at max, but we knew we needed to be with Brother Paul at this time. He just let everything loose to us, told us everything that was going on and why he won't talk to anyone at church. We honestly just listened for most of the time. The Spirit just impressed us to shutup and listen to this man and have patience on how to help him. So we did, and by the end, we just started testifying of Christ's unfailing love and how he needs to come to church to feel that love. He said he won't go, but did say he wanted to meet again. So almost every day this past week we met with him and helped him through his trials and hardships. And by the end of the week, HE CAME TO CHURCH!!!!!!! What a miracle! We showed him the mormon message, Mountains to Climb, and we all were tearing up watching it, as I do every time I listen to President Eyring give a talk. It was so powerful.

We also had a great lesson with Maddie about temples and how important they are. We used temples to teach her about after this life and the Priesthood, both things she usually will argue about for the entire lesson. I love temple lessons because by the end of teaching it, she accepted baptism!!!!! WHAT?!?!?! It was INSANE! The blessings of the temples are true, and I love to testify of them in almost every lesson.

Yesterday, I was pondering the words of Moroni and how he says about what we should hope for? We need to hope in the Atonement and Resurrection. While pondering, Elder Wang comes up and asks me, Elder Holmes, what do you love the most about North Carolina? And the only thing that could sum up my feelings were, "It's home". I thought of my family and how amazing and perfectly imperfect they are and how much I love them. That's when it hit me, I will be able to hug the people I love, hold the ones I cherish the most, and be able to run, smell, and touch for the rest of eternity.
I am so grateful for my Saviour, for letting me be able to do so. I know that I can be with my family for eternity, I know that I will be able to feel the wind and smell that sweet air forever. Even after death. I am grateful to know of the sacrifice of my Lord and King, in being able to repent and return to Him and our Father once more. I love this Easter season, and I know that my Redeemer lives.

I love you all and Christ loves you all.
Elder Holmes
Brother Paul


Yummy spicy fish head curry:) SO GOOD!!!! Especially the eyes :)

Companion Goals


No comments:

Post a Comment