Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Week 5 Hot and raining.....

June 9th, 2014

Sorry, don't have any pictures from the caves because my camera isn't water proof and there was a little water involved in walking through underground rivers at some places, so they advised not bringing any just in case.

But Ipoh is amazing!!!! This week was really slow, my companion and half of the district was sick so me and another greenie went out on our own for the first time and taught two very powerful lessons. One lady almost had an abortion at one point in her life but luckily didn't so it was all good. I got very emotional though. An old Tamil man, or Indian as people in America would call their race, named Maniam has been taught so many times now and believes the Book of Mormon is true and Joseph Smith is a prophet called by God, but doesn't want to get baptized because he believes that all men who come unto Christ through their own personal beliefs will be saved. Super frustrating and none of our investigators on date are coming to church and we now have to push two baptism dates back. Even more frustrating. and the area book isn't organized for us about investigators of the past. It has become very challenging.

One day it rained soooo hard for like two hours. The roads were literally rivers and as a member was driving us around, the car would make waves that went over his car. It was some serious rain going on. And since the companions of me and the other greenie's were sick we had to just call people and clean the apartment cause going out in the rain in Malaysia is a one way ticket to getting sick and having the possibility to going home. We're trying our best out here though. I went on a lesson with an investigator of another companionship cause my comp was still sick and taught Loki, a Nigerian, and he is the freakin best. I wish he was in my area. He is always asking questions and wanting to know more. Such a cool guy.

Alden, a guy in our branch, got his mission call! Going to Taipei, Taiwan! We are all so happy for him, but I wish he could've gotten to come to Singapore mission. He is the freakin best. Always helps us out here. The branch here has, I think, 7 missionaries out right now including Alden. That's a lot, even compared to the states.

But I'm loving it here. It's still hot and still raining, but now I won't complain about the NC summer heat for the rest of my life. Love the work and love the people. Sister Chris is the best branch member ever and I love her to death, (I know she's going to read this blog post so I gotta add a shout out for her). But honestly, she really is the best. But the area has been wonderful love it. I'm in the best mission on earth!

'till next week,

Elder Holmes

CHOPSTICKS - I got this!

eating chicken feet

just like Kung Fu Panda - fighting for the Pau
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment