This week has been a roller coaster. Just insane.
So on Monday, Elder Wright and I, who was my past DL and is now a DL in the same Zone as myself, decided to make our District tacos and cookies after District Meeting! It was awesome, because we NEVER have Mexican food. So everyone was pretty happy.
On Thursday we went and visited Sister Maddie, our "eternal" investigator who is doing FANTASTIC!!!!! She is progressing so much. We taught about the temple and baptisms for the dead, my favorite lesson, and we found out sooooo much about her and her desires. It was way spiritual and she loves the doctrine of it. She is really progressing.
We then went to Brother Paul's home. Brother Paul is Malay and use to be Muslim but converted to Christianity and was homeless for years because his family kicked him out of the house and had a price on his head. Such a great story, and such great testimony. He is a Recent Convert but hasn't been going to church because of work and other problems. So went to his house and strengthened him. We shared Moroni 7:3-5 and he started crying. We then gave him a blessing. It was worth getting home at 11 o'clock for. We truly felt like disciples of Jesus Christ that night.
Saturday was interesting..... So for the past month or so, a Bible bashing lady keeps interrupting our morning exercise to Bible bash with us. So Elder Wang and I agreed to meet with her and her family once so we can put it to rest once and for all. So we went to her home and got barraged with Anti hatred for the church. About an hour of that, along with a lot of anti-Joseph Smith reports, was just exhausting and spiritually draining. We were pooped after that. But we ended it there, and hopefully she knows that we are here for good. We taught the baptism for the dead, which the family actually enjoyed, but wouldn't believe in it. And then we asked for referrals of course, which I almost laughed as I asked. Even though they hate our religion, they almost gave one to us! We didn't receive one, but it was pretty close. It was an experience.
So later that day, after an AWFUL appointment, we had to go home and do our own personal studies for some spiritual recharge. It was that bad of a morning, anti Mormon stuff can drain a brother. I have never had such a spiritual study in my life. I read a talk from Pres. Monson form this past Priesthood Conference and read Moses 6-7. I want to be like Enoch, such charity in a man that he shook eternity. Woah. I just want to build a Zion here as he did. I want to be like him in any way I can. My favorite prophet other than Nephi.
It was a great week, full of up and downs, but so worth it!!!!!
Any way, love y'all! Hope ya have a great week :)
Elder Holmes
PS. Mr Lee Kwan Yew died today........may he rest in peace. Singapore is freaking out today.
Lah - is just a word you throw in at different times when you speak, like dude or to put an exclamation point on something.
Eating Ma La Xiong Guo, the hottest thing ever!! Way hotter than anything I've ever had. Sichuan food. Since my companion is from Sichuan he can eat it like candy but he sweats sooo much because of how hot it is. I can feel the iron from the blood in my mouth just bleed out. It is ridiculous, we eat it once a week. Fantastic food! :-)
Elder Wang sweating it out
President and Sister Mains banned missionaries from taking their greenies there for their first meal. hahahahaha



No comments:
Post a Comment