January 12, 2014
Craaaaaaazy week!
So Elder Andrus left at 4:30 in the morning on Tuesday :( I am going to miss that guy! I wish he wouldnt have gotten sick.... we would have killed it if it wasn't for him being sick :/ Singapore Mission lost a great Elder, and I lost a great companion.
So the Assistants called and told me that I will be with the Zone Leaders in the Toa Payoh Ward here in Singapore, the Trifecta of Truth!!!! Elder O'Bryant and Elder Anderson are so awesome and they have been just amazing helping me out and trying to get me to be a better missionary. It was really hard to leave First Ward though..... I cannot honestly say I left the area better when I started serving there. It is a really humbling experience and honestly I got pretty depressed moving into the Toa Payoh area. For the rest of the week I didn't feel the Spirit and I had no idea why. I didn't feel like I accomplished anything and there was no reason for me being here. In Toa Payoh they don't have many investigators either, so the work is reallllyyyyy slow, just trying to find anything to do is a problem. The entire Zone/ island is getting super frustrated and we have no idea what to do. I was just super sad, just the worst spirit I have felt on the mission and I couldn't feel the Spirit at all, not at all happy, and just hating life.
So through the embarrassment of having to learn the member's name in another Ward, getting use to the investigators, not having anything to do, and going outside and just seeing the immodesty of Singapore, I just really felt humbled because I have no control over anything that happens, it is ALL up to God. If He wants to bless us, He will. If He wants to hold back and let us learn a thing or too, He will. We don't have any control. I just definitely feel a sense of humility coming out of this past week.
So because of all of the problems, I called and talked to President Mains about it all last night. I just let him know what was happening and my thoughts and feelings and frustrations. He gave me a lot of help and counsel and is just the man. I cannot describe Pres. Mains in any other way except of being the most loving man I have ever met and is just full of the Spirit. I just felt the love of our Saviour through him. After talking to him about it all, I just felt so peaceful. Weight was literally lifted from my shoulders and I cannot recall any other time in my life feeling so much peace. Since then, I feel absolutely amazing. Just ecstatic about life and serving in Singapore, no matter how hard it is. The Spirit is the greatest Comfort in the world, and if you aren't able to feel it, get yourself in the position to feel it. It will bring you so much more happiness.
I love serving in Singapore, I am sure I will find love for this city as I have for Kuala Lumpur and Ipoh. The Ward is amazing here and I am really excited to learn from the Zone Leaders and their plethora of wisdom they have for me. We're gonna kill it here.
Love all of you and hope you the best!
Elder Holmes
No comments:
Post a Comment