Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 37 Singapore for Dayzzzzz

A lot of amazing things happened this week, and I don't even know how to say all that I am feeling.

First of all, I really want to send my heart and prayers to my best friend and puppy, Max. He is going through a tough time, and I wish more than anything I could just give him a hug and show him loves. I am not sure if he will pull through, but I wish I could just see him one last time.

This week was really tough and yet, really rewarding. A quote that really hit me hard was a quote by Elder Allen, he is the head of Missionary work for the church and he came a couple months ago to chastise the mission from it's apostasy. He said, "You become who you are TODAY". Elder Wadsworth, one of the Assistants came on exchanges with the Zone Leaders, and as the third wheel companion, I was able to go with one of the companionship! He brought that quote up to me, in trying to help me out with trying so hard to become a better missionary. It really hit me hard.  We can not procrastinate the day of our repentance. No matter what we go through, we can not tell ourselves that we will change next week or tomorrow, we have to set the pace and get the work done NOW. We cannot blame our circumstances whatsoever for anything that happens, nor can we become discouraged. We have to enjoy the hand we are dealt with. To become successful with life, we have to be able to learn how to love the situations we are in, and not love or fantasize about situations we prefer to be in. If we want to have success in life, we have to learn the principle of loving every second of life for what it is. Elder Wadsworth is such a champ, there is a reason he is the Assistant. We went out and had a goal of getting 5 new people/ numbers who want to learn the gospel and be taught. Here in Singapore, that doesn't happen. At all. So we decided to get it done. And we did. We met two people who accepted baptism in the contact and got three other people who are down to learn. Had an AMAZING day. I felt so much like a missionary that day and I have had such a blast since then.

 The rest of the week kind of stunk though, the exchange happened Saturday so I was pretty lost early on in the week. I just have moments/ days of not feeling as a missionary should. I couldn't explain why. We had a lot of cancelled appointments (while at this moment of writing this letter, A Philippine Lady walked in and said, "Ohhhhhh a lot of handsomes here today"... she is currently sitting behind me. Crap. I might bolt outta here) and we had a lot of white people mocking us. I honestly hate white people. Don't be gawking at us in disgust. I come out here to give you happiness and you ridicule us. White people man!

 But we are doing well. I am serving with the White Lion O'Bryant and he is such a stud. Elder Anderson is absolutely amazing as well, Only Elder "party" O'Bryant has the really awesome nick names. We have been making missionary work a lot of fun and we are just doing what we do best. I feel so blessed to be with the Zone Leaders, they are helping me so much and I learn a lot from them.

God is letting me serve and live in Singapore and has given me the best Mission President to serve under. I am really excited for the week to come and I cannot wait to get transfer news next Monday!

So blessed for the experiences I have had and the changes I have seen in my life, I can only describe this work as the work of God. I am so happy to be a part of it. We just gotta keep trucking on.

 Also, Elder Ballard, Elder Rasband and Bishop Stevensen are coming to Singapore at the end of February..... I'm ready to get a healthy slap in the face by the Brethren.

Hope all is well with all of you! Have a fantastic week!
Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment