Sunday, October 18, 2015

Week 74 Another Great Week

October 5th, 2015

This week has been so good! We aren't finding anyone who is interested, had a lot of lessons but nobody wants to learn more :/ it happens, but our investigators are doing great!

One of our investigators, Nancy, has gone from being antied and not wanting, to receiving a spiritual confirmation about the Atonement and then coming and repenting her heart out to us. It was really amazing to SEE the conversion taking place. She receives that revelation and acts on it. She has received a spiritual confirmation about that she needs to be baptized and will be on October 24th!!!! :D crazy!

We also had a really great MLC with all the leaders of the mission and had a great uplifting experience from President and how we can become greater contacting tools in the Lord's hands. It's been pretty hard in Singapore, but we are trying our best. We've really been pushing the Zone to make every contact have the Spirit in it. When missionaries feel the Spirit in the contact, it doesn't matter if the people don't want, we feel God's love and know He is proud of us anyway. That feeling of the Spirit will stop stupid Satan from discouraging us, and we see so many miracles as we boldly testify to people anywhere and everywhere that Jesus is the Christ. There are a many small miracles that come with it as well, we hope to start seeing some people want to learn soon as well.

It's crazy to hear the new apostles!!! Elder Rasband and Stevenson came to Singapore and taught the Singapore Stake. Elder Rasband is one of my favorites already, his testimony of the apostles is amazing, I loved hearing it in person.

If any of you have the time, I want to suggest anyone to go and visit "To this End was I Born" It is so good. I love it when Peter answers Christ and "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the Living God". I get chills every single time I hear it. Jesus is the Christ. the Great I AM.

Here are my thoughts from this past week. I just need to rant. I am sooooo done with unbelief. It is KILLING the US and the world. It really is disgusting how it is affecting the world. Especially the mass shootings. If only we could believe in God more..... if only we can do more to share. I've been hearing a lot about what is happening in the US and I just wanted to share an experience I have had this past week. We met a man in the Marines who was praying over his food in a hawker center. We thought, he is definitely Christian, we gotta talk to him, so we do. Turns out he believes in the old God's of the Celtics, his grandfather taught him the old ways. He was open to learn more and has been to church buildings before. He said something that struck me, "we just have to believe in something, just believe in something and it makes all the difference." We walked away and thought, that's true. Later this week we had a lesson with a freethinker, 18 year old kid. We were teaching him the Plan of Salvation, and the boy had a question for everything. He kept mouthing over and over that there could be no God, there could be no Saviour from us making mistakes and we need to suffer when we do. He asked us, "what is the actual definition of eternal joy" I said....you are happy... FOREVER. He then asked, "what if I want to feel bad forever and live with it?" And so I told him, pretty boldly, "you won't be happy FOREVER." And he was fine with that...... He was the most frustrating person I have ever taught because he had no willingness to even believe in anything so he decides to pull down and dismantle what other's do believe, he just bred contention from the start.

There is a plague that is growing in the world that speaks of us doing good things with no accountability, no belief in anything. Families and governments are believing that teaching good values stemmed from the Son of God and other religions is forcing religion onto children, some have called the teaching of religion, brainwashing or taking away their individualism, so now people don't pass those values at all. From what I hear, there have been mass shootings in the US. There is also slandering, bullying, belittling filling the internet, along with sleazy shows and immoral music teaching children to kill and roll in the filth of the world. God has given us the Rigths of Freedom of Speech, Press, to bare arms. He has given us everything, a wonderful country, our families and home. He has done EVERYTHING for us and yet, we choose not to believe. As that belief has lessened, you can see the Rights He has given us are now rotting as we misuse them. He gave us these because we believed in all religions being free and in that belief of having a Creator or God we could be trusted to bare arms and have freedom of speech. As we lose belief, in any religion, you can see the world and the US becoming a darker and scarier place. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know He is the Son of Man. He came and has redeemed me from my sins. There are others who don't believe it, which I have no quarrel with. But isn't the world a better place when we do believe in something? Anything? This plague of no belief is filling my soul with sadness because I can see it starting here in Singapore. When I contact those who are religious, they are so much happier, whether Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, they have that belief and it defines them and they are happy. Those who are "free thinkers" I found are less pleasant and down right angry with life and the world. There is no joy, no peace in their lives. The point is, Believe. Believe in something, and live it in your lives. We found happiness and have knowledge of what makes us happy, our beliefs, why don't we just share it? In this world which is becoming dark, we can show the way for others. That's why I am a missionary, to help others believe. This has brought happiness and joy and change to the people, this has bred hope for a better world. I'm sorry, I just had to rant, I'm so tired of atheism and ungodliness destroying the world. I'm just so tired of unbelief destroying the world. It's turning into religion just fighting religion.

I know that God lives.

Love you all! Keep it real everyone!
Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment