Sunday, October 18, 2015

Week 75 Ni Chibao le ma?

Oct 12th, 2015

This week has been a great week in the mighty Singapore Zone and especially in Toa Payoh. Not too many crazy things have happened, but General Conference was super awesome!!!!!  It was amazing to see Apostles sustained. Elder Renlund's talk was exactly what I needed. I know he is an apostle and he wll truly change lives around the world. What a boss! It's awesome to see Elder Gong called to be in the Pesidency of the Seventy. He came to KL while I was there and he and his wife were sooo humble and amazing. A really great man and I know he is called by God in his calling. Asia can!!!!!

This week has been pretty awesome. Our contacting is payng off! Sort of! We contacted an Indian women almost a month or so ago. We got her number and she kept saying she has been too busy. She then sms's us and said she wanted to see the church. We met with her and taught her the Restoration and gave her a church tour. She is Hindu but she has been starting to change to Christ in recent years. She accpeted baptism! She said she has had a feeling to come to the church for a year now but always ignored it. And when we contacted her on a "pointless" contacting day, or so we thought, it gave her that pump to come..... we haven't heard from her since, but hopefully we will get in touch with her! It's improving! :D

Another miracle was when we contacted a girl on the MRT. It was only one stop so we had a super short time but asked her if she was christian and then asked, "do you know why God answers prayers" I've asked that question before, but most Christians are usually" Duh? why wouldnt we?" but this time, it was definitely the Spirit speaking. And she told us she had no idea but always wanted to learn why. She has been a Christian for 7 years! So we said we come to teach exactly that and got her number super quick in time to make our next appointment. We finally met with Shan yesterday and shared the Restoration. Half way through she asked, "I know we had prophets, but the world is so different now, so how?" We smiled sooo much and told her to wait. The First Vision brought the Spirit so strong and she took the Book of Mormon as if it was gold. It was a great experience! She works with Goldman Sachs and works with Mormons. She is going to Hong Kong for two weeks as well, so we hope she will still be interested when she comes back. HOPE!!!! HOPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

We're just living on a prayer over here lol Conference was amazing this year, I loved the "What Lack I yet?" talk. It works. I had the prompting that I needed to write more letters to family and friends, so that's my resolution! I also loved the talk from President Uchtdorf. Just Keep it flipping simple! It's all about Christ and His Gospel. That is how it needs to be. I've been in sacrament meetings on my mission and the Saviour's name wasn't mentioned in the talks for the whole sacrament meeting. That should always be the focus. Jesus is the Living Christ. The Book of Mormon's purpose is to testify of Jesus Christ. Prophets are here to testify of him. The entire conference was always focused on the Atonement. I hope that we can also center our life on Him and His Gospel.

I love you all!

To Steven, good luck in the real world. To Jonah, good luck in the best two years of your life. Don't take it for granted.

Love you all!
Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment