Sunday, October 18, 2015

Week 76 Preparation Day!

October 19th, 2015

It's funny how missions work. In a single day, the Lord can change everything and qualify your area. He has that kind of capacity and I can testify of it.

Namitha passed her baptismal interview this week! Her baptism will be this Saturday and it should be a great day. It is Toa Payoh's first baptism of the year, and we are pledging it to not be the last! Namitha has been a great experience, seeing the change in her is wonderful and amazing. She is a completely different person than the first lesson I was there for. She knows the Gospel is true and she is ready to take the covenant upon her.

Sunday we had an appointment with Anna. She is a Cambodian helper here and she doesn't know religion at all. She has this burning desire to know who is out there and to believe in something. She has always loved Jesus Christ, but knows nothing about Him. We taught her and she accepted baptism! Then later that evening, we met Vanessa. She is a Singaporean Sri Lankan and she loves to talk. We taught her the Restoration and invited her to be baptized and she readily accepted as well!

That was a miracle day. So amazing the Spirit that was felt. Both of them were contacted AGES ago, but we never stopped following up and now we met them. The work does pay off! Just might take a long time.

We had another experience with an eternal investigator named Miriam. She is Singaporean Chinese girl who has been taught forever. She came to us after conference and she looked so distressed and asked for help. We taught her a lesson days later and then gave her a blessing. It was the most powerful blessing I have ever given, the Spirit promised so much to her and gave her so much counsel. We hope she can follow it.

I had a rough couple of days on Thursday and Friday, I didn't want to contact, I was becoming angry and resentful against the people and I felt fake because I felt it was all an act, we talk to at least 15 people a day while not block contacting, it's hard to make it spiritual every time and I felt kind of abandoned because I was trying but I didn't feel motivation and help feom God. I went home Friday and I was so angry with everything. I went to my room after planning and I laid down. I didn't want to pray, I felt I had nothing to say. I knew it would help and yet I had something telling me it wouldn't. It was the weirdest experience. I then felt this massive prompting cutting through it all that said, "if you have the faith in me, you will pray right now." I knew I had to do it. I knelt in prayer and I begged God to help me get out of this rut, I don't know what I am doing here. And the Spirit answered, Where is your faith? Is it there? Do you have it? Show me your faith, and I promised I will be there. I knew that I haven't been trusting in the Lord, but relying on my own pattern or method of contacting. So the next day I didn't have anything prepared to say as we contacted. I would go up to someone, completely blank and say hello. And the Lord, as He promises, filled my mouth. I just imagined to myself, them in the Celestial Kingdom and praying to God on what can I teach them that will get them there. It was powerful. It was unlike any contacting night I've had. The Lord literally showed me through pictures, ways on how I should contact in ways I've never done before. Literally a vision on what to do.

We have a lesson with one of the people we contacted on Saturday, a return appointment is rare here.

God truly is a God of miracles. Faith means so much.

It was a great week here in Toa Payoh. I love being here! We're playing quidditch as a zone today, should be way fun!

Love y'all
Elder Holmes


No comments:

Post a Comment